Saturday, May 31, 2003

Califamily News

It's been a thrilling week here in Silicon Valley.

Sonja is being inducted tomorrow into the national honor society for college students. That's because she's maintaining a 4.0 average. And you should see the mask she carved for her Art and the Spirit course. She earned an A-plus for the mask and the paper she wrote explaining the process of creating it.

Michele, AKA Lady Marmalade, is on a preserving kick and has made several dozen jars of jams and jellies.

I have challah sticky buns in the oven and a beautiful challah braid fiilled with cream cheese. I started working at home as of Wednesday, and I'm very pleased. Sonja pointed out today that I'm no longer coming home so exhausted that I can't think, speak, or do anything in the evenings. I'm not sleeping through the weekend, either. Plus I am getting more actual work done during the days. I don't see a downside to this.

Paul watches us, bemused, while plotting his next evil D&D campaign. A few weeks ago, the monsters killed everyone in their party, so he has to make up a new story line.

Last night we all watched Brigadoon -- first time I'd seen it since I was a kid. I have some thoughts about its appeal, which I'll save for another post.

Tonight some of us are off to a party, and tomorrow we go en famille to Sonja's induction ceremony.

No comments: