Friday, November 07, 2003

NANOWRIMO UPDATE: New Word Count!

After a somewhat frustrating week, with work on the book frequently interrupted, I've checked my progress. The manuscript right now exists in multiple files on two computers. I finally added the word counts together and updated my total. Almost 10,000!

I'm glad I'm not nearly so far behind as I've been thinking. And I'm even gladder that I'm off tomorrow to a writing retreat with six friends from last year's NaNo. We rented a place up in Sonoma for the weekend. No internet access. No cell phone signal. Nothing to do but write. (And hang out and talk. These are, after all, some of my favorite people.)

I'm leaving Friday (today now) and won't be home until Monday afternoon, by which time I hope to have written a solid 10,000 or 15,000 additional words. Maybe more. Maybe even 20,000.

No comments: