Monday, January 06, 2003

Updated Geek Code

It's been years since I translated my current state of life and learning into Geek Code. Plenty of things have changed since then, although the latest version of the Geek Code is now seven years old. I wonder if there's ever going to be an update?

I generated my first Geek Code when I was first on the Internet, somewhere around 1994. (I know -- it's shameful that it took me so long. I was a tech writer back in 1983, when the Mac was announced. I should have been online long before.) I certainly don't have the old version around now, but I typed in a URL that seemed reasonable, and voila: the whole thing. A few minutes' work, and I was fully geekified again.

-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.12
GH/L$/SS/TW$ !d-(---)@ s-:++ a+ C+++$ U>++ P+>++ L>++ W++ N+ w+(---) M++ PS++ PE- Y+ t !5 X+++ R tv--(+++) b++++$ DI++ !D G++ e+++ h---(++) r+++ x**
-----END GEEK CODE BLOCK-----

Here's a simple decoder, if you don't read fluent Geek Code.

No comments: